How Much is an Oregon Fishing License?
The Importance of an Oregon Fishing License
Fishing in the picturesque state of Oregon is a popular activity for both residents and tourists alike. To ensure the conservation and sustainability of fish populations, as well as to comply with state fishing regulations, it is essential to obtain a valid Oregon fishing license before casting your line into its abundant waters.
Fishing License Options
Oregon offers several different types of fishing licenses to suit various needs:
- Resident Annual: This license is available to individuals who have lived continuously in Oregon for at least six months. It allows year-round fishing in all public bodies of water within the state.
- Non-Resident Annual: Visitors from outside of Oregon can purchase this license, which also permits year-round fishing across all public waters within the state.
- Daily/Weekly/Multi-Day Licenses: For those who only plan on enjoying a short-term fishing excursion or weekend getaway, these options provide flexibility at affordable rates.
- Youth Licenses: Specifically designed for young anglers under 12 years old, these licenses enable them to experience the joys of fishing while promoting responsible angling practices from an early age.
The cost of an Oregon fishing license varies depending on several factors such as residency status, duration, and age. Below are some general pricing guidelines (subject to change):
- Note: Prices mentioned here act as examples and may not reflect current rates. Always check official sources for up-to-date information before purchasing any licenses.
- Annual: $41.00
- Daily/Multi-Day Fishing: $21.50+
- Youth (Under 18): Free
- Note: Additional endorsements and tags may require an extra fee.
- Annual: $103.50+
- Daily/Multi-Day Fishing:$21.50+