How Much is a Non-Resident Fishing License in Tennessee?
If you’re planning a fishing trip to the beautiful state of Tennessee, one of the first things you need to consider is obtaining a non-resident fishing license. Before hitting the waterways and casting your line, it’s important to know how much this license will cost you.
The Cost Breakdown
Tennessee offers several options for non-residents looking to purchase a fishing license. The prices vary depending on duration and type of license:
- 1-Day Fishing License: $20
- 3-Day Fishing License: $40
- 10-Day Fishing License: $50
- Annual Fishing License:$50 – For residents from bordering states (Alabama, Arkansas, Georgia, Kentucky, Mississippi, Missouri, North Carolina, or Virginia)$100 – For residents from all other states.
Tennessee makes it convenient for non-residents to purchase their fishing licenses by offering various methods:
- In-Person: You can visit any authorized retailer that sells hunting and fishing licenses. These include bait shops, sporting goods stores, or even some Walmart locations.
- Online: The Tennessee Wildlife Resources Agency (TWRA) provides an easy-to-use online portal where you can conveniently purchase your non-resident fishing license. Simply visit their website and follow the step-by-step instructions. Once purchased online, your electronic copy will be immediately available for download and printing.
- Via Phone: If you prefer a more personalized experience, you can also purchase your non-resident fishing license over the phone. Call the TWRA at their designated number and provide the necessary information to complete the transaction. Once done, they will provide you with a confirmation code that serves as proof of your license.
Before obtaining your non-resident fishing license in Tennessee, there are some important factors to consider:
- Age Restrictions:Non-residents aged 13 years or older require a fishing license in Tennessee.
- Fishing Regulations:To ensure an enjoyable and responsible fishing experience, it’s crucial to familiarize yourself with Tennessee’s fishing regulations. These regulations include catch limits, size restrictions, and specific rules for different waterways within the state. Familiarizing yourself with these guidelines helps preserve fish populations and preserves the natural beauty of Tennessee’s waters for future generations.
Purchasing a non-resident fishing license is a small investment that allows you to fully enjoy all that Tennessee has to offer when it comes to recreational angling. Whether you’re planning on casting your line into one of its picturesque lakes or meandering rivers, having this permit ensures compliance with local laws while supporting wildlife conservation efforts.
So before packing up your gear and heading out on your next adventure in Tennessee, be sure to secure your non-resident fishing license by either visiting an authorized retailer or taking advantage of quick online or phone-purchase options provided by TWRA. Happy Fishing!